Our proposals include new public and private landscaped spaces, to enhance the appearance of the site, provide valuable amenity and connectivity across the site, and to contribute to the creation of a network of public spaces across the wider area.
Our proposal will enhance biodiversity of the local area.
Our plans have developed as a result of the community’s feedback and include:
- Extensive planting of new trees along Victoria Road (to the north), Portal Way,
- and along the new east – west route
- High quality paving
- A wider footpath around the site
- Woodland planting throughout the site
- Sculptural street furniture, which can also be used for childrens’ play
- Al fresco dining areas
The new east-west route across the site will significantly improve connectivity and the pedestrian environment, drawing the local community into the vibrant new public open space to be created in the area, and improving connections to and from the station.
These will all come together to create a vibrant, picturesque area for people
to visit and relax in, allowing neighbours to interact with a site that has previously been inaccessible.