Your feedback showed that neighbours wanted more amenities that the community can actually use.
We now intend to provide around 33,000 square feet of flexible commercial space to create a destination social hub at Portal West. This could include a diverse range of flexible office space, shops and eateries.
As part of this space, we are having positive discussions with innovative fitness brand AWOL LONDON & the Giant Bicycle Store to deliver an exciting new health hub.
About AWOL LONDON
There is an opportunity for AWOL LONDON’s new fitness hub to incorporate a retail store and create a cycling destination, suitable for all levels. They intend to offer a full spectrum of services, including:
- Fitness facilities (a gym, indoor cycling, fitness classes)
- Nutrition advice
- Bike, clothing and accessory sales
- Cycle fitting and repairs
- Physiotherapy and beauty therapy
AWOL LONDON is also considering the potential to run workshops, group rides and social events as well as the Cycle to Work scheme for local businesses. As part of their strategy to work with the local community, they are exploring opportunities to offer:
- Several FREE fitness classes a week for a range of ages and abilities, including classes for the under 18s and over 60s
- FREE organised family cycle rides
- Discounted rates for students and the over 60s
- Crèche facilities